Data Protection Statement
In this data protection statement I will inform you about what data is processed for what purposes if you use this web-page.
Responsibility of the controller
controller in the sense of Article 4 Paragraph 7 of the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the european parliament and of the council on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) is:
Processing and Transfer of Data
No personal data will be transferred for any other purpose as mentioned below. Personal data may only be transferred if:
- you gave your consent in the sense of Article 6 (1a) GDPR,
- the processing is necessary to fullfil a contract with you or to act precedent to a contract with you in the sense of Article 6 (1b) GDPR,
- I am legally obligated to do so in the sense of Article 6 (1c) GDPR,
- it is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of the data subject or of another natural person in the sense of Article 6 (1d) GDPR,
- it is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child as it is written in Article 6 (1f) GDPR.
The General Data Protection Regulation generally prohibits processing of personal data. Thereby »processing« means in simple terms everything that is done with any personal data. Even the deletion of personal data is subsumed under »processing«. Article 6 of the GDPR sets out the exceptions under which processing of personal data is permitted. In the following, I will explain to you in more detail the individual types, purposes and deletion periods of personal data that arise or may arise during the use of this online service.
Processing of personal data in Log-Files
When you visit the website www.berndneumann.eu and the subpages available under this domain, personal data is stored in the log files of the server. These data include
- date and time of access according to the computer clock of the server with the time zone difference to Greenwich Mean Time (GMT),
- name and URL of the requestet file,
- access status/HTTP status code,
- amount of data transferred in bytes,
- website from which access was made (referrer URL),
- the browser you used and the operating system of your computer,
- IP address of the requesting computer or router.
This data is collected in order to
- ensure the smooth operation of the website,
- find and eliminate errors on the website (e.g. status code 404),
- evaluate, within the framework of the analysis tools provided by the service provider, how this website is used (for example, which pages are visited how often and which browsers are used in which versions),
- fulfil other administrative purposes.
These data will be deleted by the service provider "1 & 1 Ionos SE" after 9 weeks. This retention period is stated by the service provider in its Help Center. A deletion by me is not possible, because as the operator of the website I only have read rights on the log files for reasons of system and data security.
Processing of personal data by e-mail
If you contact me by e-mail, your e-mail address, any first and last names sent by your e-mail program and the text of your e-mail will be stored in my mailbox in the computer center of my service provider. In addition, it may happen that a copy or partial copy of this mailbox is created by the e-mail client of my home computer or that parts of the mailbox are temporarily in the cache of my browser.
The purpose of this storage is to process your mail.
The deletion of e-mails does not take place after a certain period of time. The criterion for deleting an e-mail is whether it will be used for future correspondence. Further criteria are the clarity of the mailbox and the limited storage space of the mailbox. – It goes without saying that e-mails and e-mail addresses are deleted if you wish.
Processing by the service-provider
In order for a website to be offered on the Internet, a comprehensive infrastructure is required (e.g. static IP address, a DNS service, constant availability of the site through a permanent Internet connection). Above all, the configuration of a web server requires special knowledge of server administration in order to secure the server against unauthorized access and manipulation by third parties. This protection is particularly important for the personal data in the log files and the e-mail inbox.
In order to meet these requirements, I have commissioned
1 & 1 Ionos SE, a well-known and reliable service provider, to host my website in its data center for the Internet. The corresponding personal data will and must therefore be stored in the service provider's computer center.
Pursuant to Article 28 of the General Data Protection Regulation, in addition to the hosting contract, a contract for the processing of personal data has been made in order to ensure the correct treatment of all personal data. The contact person of the service provider for data protection issues is:
1 & 1 IONOS SE
Elgendorfer Str. 57
Processing by the
In Germany publishers of texts on websites may ask the
VG-Wort to evalute the usage of their text and give him a yearly share according to their measurement.
My website uses the
Skalierbare Zentrale Messverfahren (SZM) of the INFOnline GmbH (https://www.infonline.de) for the determination of statistical parameters for the determination of the copy probability of texts.
Therefore anonymously measured values are collected. For the recognition of computer systems, the access measurement alternatively uses a session cookie or a signature, which is created from various automatically transmitted information of your browser. IP addresses are only processed in anonymous form.
The procedure was developed with data protection in mind. The sole aim of the procedure is to determine the probability of copying individual texts.
At no time individual users are identified. Your identity is always protected. You do not receive any advertising via the system.
You have the right,
- to request information about your personal data processed by me in accordance with Article 15 GDPR. In particular, you may request information on the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right of rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of complaint, the origin of your data, unless it has been collected from me, as well as the existence of an automated decision-making process including profiling and, if applicable, meaningful information on its details;
- to request, in accordance with Article 16 GDPR, the correction of incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by me;
- to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by me in accordance with Article 17 GDPR, insofar as the processing is not necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, for the fulfilment of a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest or for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data in accordance with Article 18 GDPR if the accuracy of the data is disputed by you, the processing is unlawful, you refuse to delete it and I no longer need the data, but you need it to assert, exercise or defend legal claims or you have lodged an objection to the processing in accordance with Article 21 GDPR;
- to receive your personal data, which you have provided to me, in a structured, common and machine-readable format or to request transmission to another responsible person in accordance with Article 20 GDPR;
- to revoke your consent once given to me at any time in accordance with Aricle 7 (3) GDPR. As a result, I may no longer continue the data processing based on this consent in the future;
- as well as the right to appeal and the right to complain to the competent supervisory authority explained in more detail below.
Right to object
If your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests pursuant to Article 6 (1f) GDPR, you have the right, pursuant to Article 21 GDPR, to object to the processing of your personal data if there are reasons for doing so which arise from your particular situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which is implemented by me without stating a particular situation. If you would like to make use of your right of revocation or objection, just send an e-mail to
Right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
You have the right to complain to a supervisory authority pursuant to Article 77 GDPR. Therefore write to:
Landesbeauftragter für den Datenschutz und die Informationsfreiheit
des Landes Baden-Württemberg
Postfach 10 29 32
Changes to this statement
The actual version of this Data Protection Statement can be obtained at